Radlett: Aldenham lodge hotel (1954-1955: Goossens concert, 16/3/55; Radlett music club); unknown venue, Radlett music club (19/2/38; 11/1/67).
Radley: Radley college (8/3/36, 28/11/50, 10/2/79 (also with Radley college string orchestra): Radley college musical society).
Ramsgate: St. Lawrence college (14/10/54; 4/10/61: St. Lawrence college music society).
Reading: Town hall (5/9/43: Holidays at home; 24/2/66; Friday 13/10, year unknown: New London orchestra); University of Reading, Great hall (11/3/56); Unknown venue, reading music club (5/1/, unknown year).
Redhill: Central hall (12/5/45; 15/2/47: Holmesdale fine arts club; 30/11/57 (2 copies): Redhill society of instrumentalists); Market hall (11/12/65, 12/12/70: Redhill society of instrumentalists).
Reigate: Unknown venue, Reigate philharmonic society (17/11/74).
Repton: Repton parish church (11/3/70, 23/6/77: Mercia singers); Repton school (1949 festival list, Goossens concert 24/3/49: Bach festival; 30/10/56, 6/2/62, 2/3/76: Repton school subscription concerts).
Retford: Venue unknown, Retford music club (4/12/46; unknown date).
Rhyl: unknown venue, Rhyl music club (18/10/67).
Ripley: Ripley county senior girls’ school (18/3/55; 17/11/55 (2 copies).
Rochdale: Town hall (5/12/50: Rochdale and district arts association).
Rochester: Avon theatre (28/1/29: R. Sharp musical club; Rochester little symphony); Unknown venue (31/1/28: Rochester little symphony).
Romsey: Romsey abbey (7/9/82; Friday 24/5, year unknown).
Rugby: Rokeby room, Benn memorial hall (18/11/75: Apollo society of Rugby); Temple speech room (10/10/54).
Ruthin: Town hall (unknown date: Ruthin music club); Unknown venue, Ruthin music club (Monday 14/10, year unknown).
Ryde: Town hall (24/11/66: Dunford orchestra (augemented).
Rye: Multiple venues, Rye festival (30/8/80 to 6/9/80).
St. Albans: Cathedral and abbey church of St. Albans (31/3/62: St. Albans Bach choir; Jacques orchestra; Tuesday 5/6, year unknown: St. Albans cathedral choir); Town hall (13/8/43: St. Albans holidays at home); unknown venue, St. Albans school music club (13/2/47); unknown venue, St. Albans chamber concerts (16/12/43; 31/8/44).
St. Andrews: St. Leonards school (14/3/46); Younger graduation hall (26/11/52).
St. Annes-on-Sea: Hotel majestic (17/1/51: Flyde chamber music society; 18/1/56: Flyde concert society).
St. Austell: Carylon bay hotel (30/11/55 (2 copies): St. Austell society music club).
St. Davids: Cathedral (13/11/54 (3 copies)).
St. Fagans: Welsh folk museum, National museum of Wales (16/7/51 to 21/7/51, Goossens concert 20/7/51: Festival of Britain).
St. Helens: Grange park school (11/11/47: Grange park society for music and arts).
St. Ives: Guildhall (16/2/50).
Saintbury: St. Nicholas [church?] (29/7/41).
Salford: Royal college of advanced technology (14/11/63).
Salisbury: Assembly rooms (1/11/50: Salisbury and district society of arts); Guildhall (season brochure for 1966 to 1967, Goossens concert 2/11/66: Salisbury Guildhall winter concerts).
Saltram: Multiple venues, Saltram Serenade (1976, Goossens concert 20/6/76 in the Saloon, Saltram house).
Sandhurst: Academy library (4/3/47: RMAS music club).
Scarborough: Central hall (14/3/56: Concertgoers’ society); Grand hall, the Spa (30/3/53: Concertgoers’ society; Lemare orchestra); Queen Margaret’s hall school (20/10/30).
Seaford: Clinton hall (16/12/48 (2 copies), 8/12/55, 2/2/61: Seaford music club); Queen’s hall (19/9/51 (2 copies): Seaford music club; Festival of Britain; 25/3/65: Seaford music club).
Seascale: Seascale county school (1/10/55: SASRA music and arts group; Lemare string orchestra).
Seaton: Town hall (season brochure for 1969 to 1970, Goossens concert 28/11/69: Seaton and district music club).
Sedbergh: Sedbergh school (23/11/38, 9/11/45, 1/11/49 (2 copies); unknown venue, possibly Sedbergh school (13/11/42).
Sevenoaks: Cornwall hall (5/10/61: Sevenoaks music club); Sevenoaks music centre (14/10, year unknown); venue unknown, Sevenoaks music club (date unknown).
Sheffield: City hall (1 season brochure 1937-1938, 1 concert programme for 15/10/37: Sheffield philharmonic society (Goossens concert 15/10/37 with the London philharmonic orchestra); 10/10/42: Sheffield philharmonic chamber music club; 1 brochure for 10/3/43 to 13/3/43, 1 programme for 10/3/43 (signed by conductor and soloist): National philharmonic orchestra [multiple orchestras with that title]; 27/12/45: Sheffield philharmonic listeners’ club; members of the Hallé orchestra; 3/12/47: Sheffield philharmonic society; Royal philharmonic orchestra; 6/2/48, 10/4/48: Sheffield philharmonic society; Hallé orchestra; 10/11/50: Sheffield philharmonic society; Boyd Neel orchestra); Cutlers’ hall (3/7/59: New Sheffield symphony society); Sheffield cathedral (26/6/68: Sheffield festival); University of Sheffield (23/1/51); University of Sheffield, Firth hall (18/1/57, 7/10/60: Sheffield university music committee); Multiple venues, Sheffield philharmonic society listener’s club (season brochure 1952 to 1953, Goossens concert 2/10/52 in Memorial hall, City hall).
Sherborne: Sherborne abbey (3/12/30); Sherborne girls’ school (28/2/42: Sherborne girls’ school musical society); Sherborne school (1/3/52, 30/1/54, 30/11/68: Sherborne school concert club).
Shotton: Alhambra theatre (16/7/52: Deeside schools’ music festival).
Shrewsbury: Shrewsbury school (26/1/52); Shrewsbury technical college (11/1/45: Walker hall concerts).
Slough: Orchard school (10/11/52: Orchard concert club); St. Mary’s parish church (29/9/73 (1 poster, 1 programme): Broadheath singers; Windsor sinfonia).
Snape: Snape maltings (brochure for 1975, programme for 9/11/75).
Solihull: Assembly hall, council house (26/11/45: Solihull society of arts); Solihull school (16/3/49: Solihull society of arts); Tudor grange boys’ school (21/10/72: Warwickshire symphony orchestra).
Sonning common: Chiltern edge school (11/10/68: South Oxfordshire concert society).
Southampton: Central hall (30/4/47: Southampton and district music club); Guildhall (17/10/57: John Lewis partnership music society; Jacques orchestra); Polygon hotel, ballroom (9/3/48, 17/11/53 (3 copies): Southampton and district music club); Multiple venues, Southampton chamber music club (season 1930-1931: Goossens concert 14/2/31, Assembly room, University college).
Southend-on-Sea: Cliffs pavilion (11/11/68: English sinfonia); Palace theatre (Sunday 5/11, year unknown: Southend-on-Sea music club).
Southport: Multiple venues, conference of North west association for the arts (Goossens concert: 14/5/49, Cambridge hall).
Southwold: Parish church (16/9/70: English Sinfonia).
Spalding: Gleed girls school (3/11/67: Gleed girls music society).
Spenborough: Venue unknown, Spenborough and district music society (9/11/53).
Stafford: Multiple venues, festival Stafford (24/3/73 to 14/4/73: Goossens concert 14/4/73, Borough hall).
Stamford: Stamford school (25/5/50; Monday 17/2, year unknown: Stamford school music club).
Stevenage: St. George’s church (18/11/67: Handel concerts of London; Stevenage arts guild; Handel orchestra); Stevenage college of further education (8/10/65).
Steyning: County secondary school (21/2/53: Southern orchestral concert society).
Stirling: Albert hall (3/4/62: Scottish national orchestra; 14/5/68: Stirling festival); MacRobert centre (29/10/74 (1 programme, 1 letter from Goossens (to pianist?) with music list); unknown venue (unknown date).
Stonehaven: unknown venue (3/11/55 (2 copies): Stonehaven chamber music club).
Stonyhurst: Academy room (4/5/61; Sunday 8/12, year unknown: Stonyhurst subscription concerts).
Stornoway: Town hall (18/10/61: Arts association of Lewis).
Stowe: Stowe school (14/12/38: Stowe school subscription concerts).
Stratford-upon-Avon: Holy trinity church (28/2/71: Cheltenham chamber orchestra); Shakespeare memorial theatre (24/8/47); Town hall (14/6/51: Festival of Britain).
Stroud: High school for girls (23/6/58: Laurence Hudson string orchestra); Stroud high school (5/10/50: Stroud high school concert society); unknown venue (20/3/47).
Sunderland: Venue unknown, Sunderland art gallery concerts society (13/10/66).
Sutton Coldfield: Town hall (27/10/52, 3/12/56: Sutton Coldfield philharmonic society; City of Birmingham symphony orchestra).
Swanage: Church hall (23/3/50: Isle of Purbeck arts club); Grosvenor Hotel (6/5/48 (2 copies)).
Swansea: Brangwyn hall (31/1/39: Swansea festival orchestra); Guildhall (25/10/48 to 30/10/48: Swansea festival of music; Goossens concert 25/10/48 with London philharmonic orchestra); St. James’s church hall (28/10/61: Swansea music and arts club).
Swindon: Arts centre (9/4/47; 11/3/61: Newbury string players); Central hall (25/6/59: North Wiltshire orchestra); Methodist central hall (4/10/58: Swindon male voice choir); St. Paul’s church (2/5/45).
Sydmonton: St. Mary’s church (5/8/77 to 6/8/77, Goossens concert on 5/8/77: Sydmonton festival).
Organised alphabetically by place name, then alphabetically by venue name, then chronologically.
- Apollo society of Rugby -
- Arts association of Lewis -
- Boyd Neel Orchestra -
- Broadheath singers 1971 -
- Cheltenham chamber orchestra 1968 -
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra -
- Concertgoers' society, Scarborough -
- Deeside schools' music festival -
- Dunford orchestra -
- English sinfonia -
- Festival of Britain -
- Festival Stafford -
- Flyde chamber music society -
- Flyde concert society -
- Gleed girls music society -
- Goossens, Léon -
- Grange park society for music and the arts, St. Helens -
- Hallé Orchestra -
- Handel concerts of London -
- Handel orchestra -
- Holidays at home -
- Holmesdale fine arts club -
- Isle of Purbeck arts club -
- Jacques Orchestra -
- John Lewis partnership music society -
- Laurence Hudson string orchestra -
- Lemare orchestra -
- Lemare string orchestra -
- London Philharmonic Orchestra -
- Mercia singers -
- New London orchestra (1941-) -
- New sheffield symphony society 1958 -
- Newbury String Players -
- North Wiltshire orchestra 1966 -
- Orchard concert club -
- Radlett music club -
- Radley college musical society -
- Radley college string orchestra -
- Reading music club -
- Redhill society of instrumentalists -
- Reigate philharmonic society -
- Repton school subscription concerts -
- Retford music club -
- Rhyl Music Club -
- RMAS music club -
- Rochdale and district arts association -
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra -
- Ruthin music club -
- Rye festival -
- Salisbury and district society of arts -
- Saltram serenade -
- Saltram serenade -
- SASRA music and arts group -
- Scottish National Orchestra -
- Seaford music club -
- Seaton and district music club -
- Sevenoaks music club -
- Sheffield festival -
- Sheffield philharmonic chamber music club 1943 -
- Sheffield philharmonic listeners' club -
- Sheffield philharmonic society 1935 -
- Sherborne girls' school musical society -
- Sherborne school music club -
- Solihull society of arts -
- South Oxfordshire concerts society -
- Southampton and district music club -
- Southampton chamber music club -
- Southend-on-Sea music club -
- Southern orchestral concert society -
- Spenborough and District Music Society -
- St. Albans Bach Choir -
- St. Albans cathedral choir -
- St. Albans chamber concerts -
- St. Albans school music club -
- St. Austell society music club -
- St. Laurence college music society -
- Stamford school music club -
- Stevenage arts guild -
- Stirling festival -
- Stonehaven chamber music club -
- Stonyhurst subscription concerts -
- Stowe school subscription concerts -
- Stroud high school concert society -
- Sunderland art gallery concerts society -
- Sutton Coldfield philharmonic society -
- Swansea festival of music -
- Swansea festival orchestra 1932 -
- Swansea music and arts club -
- Swindon male voice choir 1919 -
- Sydmonton festival -
- University of Sheffield music committee -
- Walker hall concerts, Shrewsbury -
- Warwickshire symphony orchestra 1940 -
- Windsor sinfonia -
- Academy room, Stonyhurst
- Albert hall, Stirling
- Aldenham lodge hotel, Radlett
- Alhambra theatre, Shotton
- Arts centre, Swindon
- Assembly Rooms, Salisbury
- Borough hall, Stafford
- Brangwyn hall, Swansea
- Cambridge hall, Southport
- Carylon bay hotel, St. Austell
- Central hall, Redhill
- Central hall, Scarborough
- Central hall, Southampton
- Central hall, Swindon
- Chiltern edge school, Sonning common
- City Hall, Sheffield
- City hall, Sheffield: Memorial hall
- Cliffs Pavilion, Southend-on-Sea
- Clinton hall, Seaford
- Cornwall hall, Sevenoaks
- Council house, Solihull: Assembly hall
- Firth hall, University of Sheffield
- Gleed girls school, Spalding
- Grange park school, St. Helens
- Grosvenor hotel, Swanage
- Guildhall, Salisbury
- Guildhall, Southampton
- Guildhall, St. Ives
- Guildhall, Swansea
- Hotel majestic, St. Annes-on-Sea
- Market Hall, Redhill
- Methodist central hall, Swindon
- Orchard school, Slough
- Palace theatre, Southend-on-Sea
- Parish Church, Repton
- Parish Church, Southwold
- Polygon hotel, Southampton
- Queen Margaret's hall school, Scarborough
- Queen's hall, Seaford
- Radley College
- Repton School
- Ripley county senior girls' school
- Romsey Abbey
- Royal college of advances technology, Salford
- Royal military academy Sandhurst
- Saltram house: Saloon
- Seascale county school
- Sedbergh School
- Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Sheffield cathedral
- Sherborne Abbey
- Sherborne School
- Sherborne Girl's School
- Shrewsbury School
- Shrewsbury Technical College
- Snape Maltings
- Solihull school
- Spa, Scarborough: Grand hall
- St. Albans Abbey
- St. David's Cathedral
- St. george's church, Stevenage
- St. James's church hall, Swansea
- St. Leonards School, St. Andrews
- St. Mary's church, Sydmonton
- St. Mary's Parish Church, Slough
- St. Nicholas Church, Saintbury
- St. Paul's church, Swindon
- Stamford School
- Stevenage College of Further Education
- Steyning County Secondary School
- Stowe School
- Stroud Girls' High School
- Stroud High School
- Rugby School: Speech Room
- Town Hall, Reading
- Town Hall, Rochdale
- Town hall, Ruthin
- Town Hall, Ryde
- Town Hall, Seaton
- Town Hall, St. Albans
- Town Hall, Stornoway
- Town Hall, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Town Hall, Sutton Coldfield
- Tudor Grange Boys' School, Solihull
- University college, Southampton (became University of Southampton 1952; was Hartley university college, Hartley institute to 1919)
- University of Reading: Great Hall
- University of Sheffield
- University of St. Andrews: Younger graduation hall
- University of Stirling: MacRobert Arts Centre,
- Welsh Folk Musuem (became Museum of Welsh life)