Macclesfield: Adlington halls (11/5/63-6/7/63 (1 collective programme for multiple concerts; 1 individual programme): Goossens concert 22/6/63); Gawsworth hall (leaflet about hall); King’s school (16/10/43, 16/2/46, 14/2/48, 1951-1952 (1 series programme; 1 programme for 10/11/51): Macclesfield friends of music; 15/5/66); various venues, Macclesfield musical festival (competitive music festival) (8/10/49, 13/10/49-15/10/49); various venues, Macclesfield arts festival (9/7/72-30/7/72).
Machynlleth: venue unknown, Machynlleth music club (27/2/70).
Madley: Parish church (21/6/68: Madley festival).
Maidstone: venue unknown, Maidstone orchestral society (8/12/54 (2 copies); 6/5/67: Maidstone symphony orchestra); venue unknown, Maidstone music club (3/12/45).
Maldon: Jubilee hall (11/10/55: Maldon music club).
Malvern: Abbey school (29/9/56); Lawnside (12/2/55); Malvern college (2/11/47: Malvern male voice choir); Malvern girls’ college (16/3/57; 20/11/65; 20/3, year unknown); Winter gardens (23/7/33: Malvern festival concerts; 14/12/54: Malvern musical society; Malvern male voice choir); Malvern festival (23/5/77-12/6/77: Goossens concert 4/6/77 in Winter gardens).
Manchester: Albert hall (29/1/47 and 30/1/47: Liverpool philharmonic orchestra; 4/2/48 and 5/2/48: Hallé orchestra; 27/3/56: Manchester Tuesday mid-day concerts); Forum hall , Wythenshawe (3/12/73: Forum music society); Free trade hall (20/2/36: Hallé concerts society); Houldsworth hall, Deansgate (11/11/47, 12/10/48, 5/12/50, 15/1/52, 24/3/53, 15/9/53, 22/2/55: Manchester Tuesday mid-day concerts); Northern school of music (27/1/65; 25/7/66-28/7/66); Reynold theatre, UMIST (1967-1968 (season brochure, including listings for some concerts outside of Manchester), 23/10/67: Manchester Mozart orchestra society; Manchester Mozart orchestra); St. Ann’s church (6/5/53: Manchester Bach choir); multiple venues, Northern school of music (multiple dates, no year; possibly cancelled).
Mansfield: Civic theatre (15/10/68: English sinfonia).
Margate: Winter gardens (Sunday 7/8, year unknown: Boyd Neel orchestra).
Marlborough: Marlborough college? (25/2/45, 23/11/47, 11/2/62: Marlborough college subscription concerts).
Marple: Marple hall grammar school for boys (18/7/66); Regent cinema (1/3/53: Marple people’s arts group).
Maryport: Presbyterian schoolroom (5/4/50: Maryport music and arts society); venue unknown, Maryport music and arts society (30/9/55: Lemare orchestra).
Matlock: Tawney house (5/1/73: Matlock music society).
Melksham: Melksham house (12/6/47, 19/10/49, Thursday 30/9 unknown year: Melksham music club).
Merthyr Tydfil: St. David’s church (unknown date); Miners hall (7/12/44: Merthyr music club).
Midhurst: County modern school (14/6/52: Southern orchestral concert society); Secondary modern school (26/4/58: Southern orchestral concert society).
Milngavie: Parish church hall (18/10/51-20/10/51: Festival; Milgavnie music club; Goossens concert 20/10/51; 23/1/53: Milngavie music club).
Milton: City of Portsmouth training college (4/3/61: Lyric string orchestra).
Milton Keynes: venue unknown (27/5/74 (letter (dated 27/4/74) and music list, by Goossens)).
Minehead: Regal ballroom (30/3/44: West Somerset music club).
Monkton combe: Monkton combe school (39/11/53).
Monmouth: Monmouth school for girls (14/2/36; 17/11/38); Monmouth school hall (21/10/66 (annotated programme): Merlin music society).
Moresby: Sir Nicholas Sekers theatre (15/3/75 to 12/4/75, Goossens concert 12/4/75); Theatre at Rosehill (Sunday 4/12 and Monday 5/12, year unknown).
Mountain ash: unknown venue (11/1/51).
Nairn: Public hall (31/8/47).
Newark: Parish church (16/11/68: London Mozart players); Technical college (5/3/47: Newark-on-Trent music club).
Newbury: Corn exchange (29/3/39: Newbury and district musical festival; 10/5/44: Newbury musical festival; Newbury string players; 14/2/71: Newbury string players); Downe house (27/1/50? (correspondence between the headmistress of the school and Goossens including a music list)); Lecture hall (3/10/30-14/11/30, Goossens concert on 14/11/30); Newbury parish church (21/1/61: Newbury string players).
Newcastle-upon-Tyne: City hall (13/3/71; 15/6/74: New Tyneside orchestra; Wednesday 10/3, year unknown: Newcastle philharmonic orchestra); Grand assembly rooms (25/2/26: Chamber music society); Guildhall, Sandhill (20/3/69: Chamber music society); King’s hall, King’s college (16/2/57, 12/11/60: Newcastle Bach choir and orchestra; Newcastle upon Tyne Bach choir society); Municipal hall (29/11/34: Newcastle male voice glee union; 5/3/51); Old assembly rooms (15/1/31, 19/1/33, 18/11/48, 16/2/56, 16/12/65: Chamber music society); unknown venue, Newcastle upon Tyne concert society (1/2/45); unknown venue, British music society (26/11/38).
Newport music: Little theatre and arts centre (9/10/67: Newport music club); Priory girls’ school (9/11/61: Newport arts association).
Newquay: Cosy Nook (Saturday 18/2, year unknown: Newquay society of arts).
Newton abbot: Multiple venues, Newton abbot and district society of arts (season brochure 1956-1957; concert programme for Goossens concert 7/3/57 in St. Mary’s hall).
Newtown: Regent cinema (10/10/48: Newtown music club).
North Shields: unknown venue (25/3/76).
Northampton: Carnegie hall, public library (5/2/44; 5/12/46: Northampton industrial music club); Church of All saints (1/7/77 (letter from Goossens to pianist, including music list)); Guildhall (11/3/71: Northampton symphony orchestra).
Northwood: Unknown locations and multiple locations, Northwood music club (season brochures: 1936-1937 (3 copies), Goossens concert 2/3/37; 1938-1939, Goossens concert 18/10/38; 1949-1950, Goossens concert 21/2/50; 1953-1954, Goossens concert 13/10/53; individual programme: 8/10/68).
Norwich: Assembly house (29/1/55: Norfolk and Norwich music club); Castle museum (6/3/43); Maddermarket theatre (30/11/46); St. Andrew’s hall (25/4/59: BBC symphony orchestra); Theatre royal (1/10/44: Norwich philharmonic society; Boyd Neel string orchestra).
Nottingham: Albert hall (12/2/44, 6/3/44: Music club, Nottingham; Boyd Neel string orchestra; 25/1/50 at 14:45, 25/1/50 at 6:30 (partially different programmes): Nottingham harmonic society; Junior harmonic orchestra; 19/2/53 (2 copies): Boyd Neel string orchestra; 7/3/56: Nottingham harmonic society; Junior harmonic orchestra; 31/10/58; Friday 12/11 year unknown: Nottingham charity subscription concerts; Wednesday 7/3 year unknown: Nottingham junior harmonic orchestra); Blue triangle hall (4/10/41: Music club, Nottingham); Broad street, Concert hall (14/6/76: Nottingham festival); Nottingham Playhouse (9/7/67: Midland sinfonia; 22/6/73: Nottingham playhouse holiday time festival); St. Nicholas church (unknown date: St. Nicholas orchestra); University college (16/10/30: Music club, Nottingham); YMCA (14/2/52: Music club, Nottingham); unknown venue, Nottingham industrial music club (16/11/48); unknown venue, Music club, Nottingham (31/1/35)
Organised alphabetically by place name, then alphabetically by venue name, then chronologically.
- BBC Symphony Orchestra -
- Boyd Neel Orchestra -
- Boyd Neel string orchestra -
- British Music Society -
- Chamber Music Society (Newcastle upon Tyne) -
- English sinfonia -
- Forum music society, Stockport -
- Goossens, Léon -
- Hallé Concerts Society -
- Hallé Orchestra -
- Junior harmonic orchestra, Nottingham -
- Lemare orchestra -
- Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra -
- London Mozart Players -
- Lyric string orchestra -
- Macclesfield arts festival -
- Macclesfield friends of music -
- Macclesfield musical festival -
- Machynlleth music club -
- Madley festival -
- Maidstone music club -
- Maidstone orchestral society -
- Maidstone symphony orchestra -
- Maldon music club -
- Malvern festival concerts -
- Malvern festival -
- Malvern male voice choir -
- Malvern musical society -
- Manchester and Salford Cooperative Society -
- Manchester Bach choir -
- Manchester Mozart orchestra society -
- Manchester Mozart orchestra -
- Manchester Tuesday Mid-day Concerts -
- Marlborough college subscription concerts -
- Marple people's arts group -
- Maryport music and arts society -
- Matlock music society -
- Melksham music club -
- Merlin music society -
- Merthyr music club -
- Midland Sinfonia (pre-1995) -
- Milngavie music club festival -
- Milngavie music club -
- Music club, Nottingham -
- New Tyneside orchestra -
- Newark-on-Trent music club -
- Newbury and district musical festival -
- Newbury musical festival -
- Newbury String Players -
- Newcastle Bach choir society -
- Newcastle Bach Choir -
- Newcastle male voice glee union -
- Newcastle Philharmonic Orchestra -
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne concert society -
- Newport arts association -
- Newport music club -
- Newquay society of arts -
- Newton abbot and district society of arts -
- Newtown music club -
- Norfolk and Norwich music club -
- Northampton industrial music club -
- Northampton Symphony Orchestra -
- Northern school of music -
- Northwood Music Club -
- Norwich philharmonic society -
- Nottingham charity subscription concerts 1933 -
- Nottingham festival -
- Nottingham Harmonic Society -
- Nottingham industrial music club -
- Nottingham playhouse holiday time festival -
- Southern orchestral concert society -
- St. Nicholas orchestra, Nottingham -
- West Somerset music club -
- Abbey school, Malvern
- Adlington halls, Macclesfield
- Albert Hall, Manchester
- Albert Hall, Nottingham
- All Saints Church, Northampton
- Assembly house, Norwich
- Blue triangle hall, Nottingham
- Carnegie hall, Northampton: Public library
- Castle Museum, Norwich
- City Hall, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- City of Portsmouth training college
- Civic theatre, Mansfield
- Concert hall, Nottingham
- Corn Exchange, Newbury
- Cosy nook, Newquay
- Downe House, Newbury
- Forum hall, Wythenshawe, Manchester
- Free Trade Hall
- Gasworth hall, Macclesfield
- Grand assembly rooms, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Guildhall, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Guildhall, Northampton
- Houldsworth Hall
- Jubilee hall, Maldon
- King's college, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- King's school, Macclesfield
- Lecture Hall, Newbury
- Little Theatre and Arts centre, Newport
- Maddermarket Theatre, Norwich
- Malvern College
- Malvern Girls' College
- Marlborough College
- Marple hall grammar school for boys
- Melksham house
- Midhurst County modern school
- Miners hall, Merthyr Tydfil
- Monkton combe school
- Monmouth school for girls
- Monmouth School: Hall
- Municipal hall, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Northern School of Music
- Nottingham Playhouse
- Old Assembly Rooms, Newcastle
- Parish Church Hall, Milngavie
- Parish Church, Madley
- Parish Church, Newark
- Parish Church, Newbury
- Presbyterian schoolroom, Maryport
- Priory Girls' School, Newport
- Public Hall, Nairn
- Regal Ballroom, Minehead
- Regent cinema, Marple
- Regent cinema, Newtown
- Rosehill theatre, Whitehaven (was Sir Nicholas Sekers theatre)
- Secondary modern school, Midhurst
- Sir Nicholas Sekers theatre, Rosehill (became Rosehill theatre)
- St. Andrew's Hall, Norwich
- St. Ann's Church, Manchester
- St. David's Church, Merthyr Tydfil
- St. Mary's hall, Newton Abbot
- St. Nicholas' church, Nottingham
- Tawney house, Matlock
- Technical college, Newark-on-Trent
- Theatre Royal, Norwich
- UMIST: Reynold theatre
- University college, Nottingham (became University of Nottingham in 1948)
- Winter Gardens, Malvern
- Winter Gardens, Margate