Ilkley: King’s hall (20/11/46, 9/11/49, 29/8/51, 16/11/55, 23/10/68: Ilkley concert club).
Inverness: Arts centre (17/10/52, 4/11/55: Inverness musical society).
Ipswich: Girls’ central school hall (16/9/44: Ipswich chamber music society); Public hall (28/6/46: Jacques string orchestra).
Jordans: Mayflower barn (18/6/55).
Kelso: Lesser tait hall (20/10/61: Kelso and district music society).
Keighley: unknown venue, Keighley music club(17/1/39).
Kendal: various venues, Mary Wakefield westmorland festival (1951; 1957; 1959); Levens hall (3/5/59; 28/12/60), Town hall (1955-1956 (season brochure), 28/3/56 (individual programme): Kendal midday concert club; 26/9/55; Lemare orchestra); unknown venue (9/4/67).
Keswick: Rawnsley hall (12/11/42; 11/11/53: Keswick music society; 28/9/55: Keswick music society; Lemare orchestra; Wednesday 15/3, year unknown).
King’s lynn: various venues, King’s lynn festival (1951 (1 brochure; 1 detailed festival programme); Goossens concert 26/7/51, Corn Exchange; 1952; Goossens concert 20/7/52, Guildhall; 1954; Goossens concert 29/7/54, Guildhall); Guildhall (17/3/67; King’s Lynn lunchtime concerts); St. Margaret’s church (13/12/67); Trinity hall (26/5/50: King’s Lynn lunch time concert society); unknown venue (24/2/50).
Kingswood: multiple venues (unknown year; possibly a competitive music festival). Kington: Church hall (10/3/59).
Kirkcaldy: Adam Smith hall (14/1/48; 2/2/50).
Kirkcudbright: Cochran memorial hall (8/3/62: audience club).
Kirkwall: Papdale school hall (17/10/60).
Knighton: unknown venue (unknown date, 1979).
Lancaster: Assembly hall, Royal grammar school (17/5/45: Lancaster music and arts club); Odeon cinema (17/11/46: Lancaster music and arts club).
Lancing: Lancing college (Sunday 1/12, year unknown: Lancing college concert club).
Launceston: Town hall (20/2/50: Launceston college; Launceston college orchestra).
Leamington spa: Royal spa centre (1972-1973 season brochure, Goossens concert 22/10/72: Warwickshire symphony orchestra); Town hall (19/2/51: Warwickshire orchestral society; 8/6/69: Warwickshire symphony orchestra).
Leatherhead: County secondary school (7/12/57: Surrey philharmonic society; Surrey philharmonic orchestra); Crescent cinema (11/12/55: Ashtead choral society); Thorndike theatre (15/10/72; 8/6/77-10/6/77, Goossens concert 8/6/77).
Leeds: Leeds institute gallery (17/3/72); Leeds empire (recurring programme commencing 25/11/40); Leeds girls’ high school (19/9/45); Leeds grand theatre and opera house (week commencing 1/6/59); Leeds parish church (Wednesday 30/9, unknown year); Temple newsham house (24/7/46); Town hall (6/3/54: Yorkshire symphony orchestra; 8/4/61); University of Leeds (brochure for 1931-1932, 1932-1933: Goossens concerts 4/2/32 and 1/12/32, Great hall); University of Leeds, Riley smith hall ( 4 concerts 1943, 4 concerts 1944, 25/5/49: Leeds concert society); University of Leeds, Great hall (28/10/53); multiple venues, city of Leeds college of music (Wednesday 9/10 – Thursday 10/10, year unknown); unknown venue, North Leeds music society (13/3/56); brochure for Leeds based string quartet “Leodian string quartet”.
Leicester: De Montford hall (15/12/32: Leicester symphony orchestra; Leicetser symphony orchestra subscription concerts; 30/3/54, 25/4/67: Leicetser symphony orchestra); Edward Wood hall (Thursday 3/4, year unknown: Leicester symphony orchestra); Museum and art gallery (monthly listings for January 1943, Goossens concert 20/1/43; 5/10/50, 8/11/51; listings from 24/9/53 to 17/12/53, Goossens concert 3/12/53; listings from 22/9/55 to 15/12/55, Goossens concert 22/9/55; listings from 20/9/56 to 13/12/56, Goossens concert 20/9/56); Ratcliffe college (unknown date: Ratcliffe college music society); YMCA hall (Wednesday 8/1, unknown year: Leicester music club); venue unknown, Leicester chamber music club (11/11/37, 18/1/51).
Leigh: Leigh girls’ grammar school (24/11/44).
Leominster: Priory church (3/4/76: Leominster choral society).
Lerwick: Garrison theatre (14/10/61).
Lewes: Forester’s hall (24/10/42: Lewes music club); Lewes corn exchange (4/10/30, 18/2/33, 1/12/34: Lewes music club); Town hall (7/5/38, 22/4/39: Lewes festival concert; 19/4/47: Lewes musical festival; Sunday 16/12, year unknown: Lewes singing club).
Lichfield: Lichfield cathedral (20/10/53 to 10/10/53: Lichfield coronation festival of music and drama).
Lincoln: Assembly rooms (3/2/33, 8/3/38: Lincoln music club); New co-operative hall, Free school lane (15/11/55: Lincoln society of arts); St. Swithins’ church (19/5/43; summer festival of music).
Little gaddesden: Little gaddesten house (24/11/51: Little gaddesten and district music club).
Littlehampton: St. Mary’s church (6/7/66: Southern orchestral concert society: Kathleen Merritt orchestra).
Liverpool: Bluecoat chambers concert hall (1/11/38: Merseyside chamber orchestra; 1968-1969 season brochure: Liverpool Mozart orchestra; Goossens concert 2/2/69); Central hall (5/3/35 (2 copies): Liverpool philharmonic society); Crane theatre (24/9/46 (1 copy of programme; 1 typed sheet): Liverpool lunch hour concerts society); Philharmonic hall (14/11/42: Rushworth Saturday afternoon concerts; 30/9/44: Liverpool philharmonic society; 18/11/44: Saturday afternoon Rushworth concert; Boyd Neel string orchestra; 17/1/46: Liverpool philharmonic orchestra; 19/1/47, 10/2/48: Liverpool philharmonic orchestra; 31/7/51: Liverpool festival; Royal philharmonic orchestra; 5/1/53 to 8/1/53; Merseyside industrial concerts; Liverpool philharmonic orchestra; 2/7/57; 26/9/61, 22/9/64: Rodewald concert society; brochure on history of philharmonic hall); Picton hall (22/1/32: Liverpool schools’ music circle); Rushworth hall (10/10/35: Liverpool music society; 8/12/32 (2 copies): British music society, Liverpool centre; Liverpool centre string orchestra; 7/12/33: Liverpool music society; Liverpool string orchestra); St. george’s hall concert room (17/11/72); Walker art gallery (1 brochure for 20/10/37 to 15/12/37 season, 1 individual programme for 20/10/37; Merseyside chamber orchestra; 1/8/51); Multiple venues, British music society Liverpool centre (1932-1933 season brochure; Goossens concert 8/12/32, St. George’s Hall); unknown venue (17/7/46; 26/10/49; 17/11, year unknown).
Llandudno: Town hall (27/11/46: Llandudno music club).
Long eaton: Grammar school hall (20/10/50; Long eaton and district music club).
Long-sutton: Peele school (3/5/68: East elloe music society).
Longton: Longton central hall (17/1/48).
Loughborough: Girls’ high school (Wednesday 12/3, year unknown); High school (25/10/50, 27/10/54: Loughborough music club).
Ludlow: unknown venue, Ludlow summer festival (10/7/66).
Luton: Savoy cinema (23/7/44: Boyd Need orchestra).
Organised alphabetically by place name, then alphabetically by venue name, then chronologically.
- Ashtead choral society -
- Audience club -
- Boyd Neel Orchestra -
- Boyd Neel string orchestra -
- British music society: Liverpool centre - 1933
- City of Leeds college of music -
- East elloe music society -
- Goossens, Léon -
- Ilkley concert club -
- Inverness musical society -
- Ipswich chamber music society -
- Jacques string orchestra -
- Kathleen Merritt Orchestra -
- Keighley Music Club -
- Kelso and district music society -
- Kendal midday concert club -
- Keswick music society -
- King's Lynn festival -
- King's lynn lunchtime concert society -
- King's lynn lunchtime concerts -
- Lancaster music and arts club -
- Lancing college concert club -
- Launceston college orchestra -
- Launceston college -
- Leeds concert society -
- Leicester chamber music club -
- Leicester music club -
- Leicester symphony orchestra subscription concerts -
- Leicester symphony orchestra -
- Lemare orchestra -
- Leodian string quartet 1979 -
- Leominster choral society -
- Lewes festival -
- Lewes festival -
- Lewes music club -
- Lewes singing club -
- Lichfield festival of music and drama -
- Lincoln music club -
- Lincoln society of arts -
- Little gaddesden and district music club -
- Liverpool centre string orchestra -
- Liverpool Festival -
- Liverpool lunch hour concert society -
- Liverpool Mozart orchestra 1951 -
- Liverpool music society 1933 -
- Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra -
- Liverpool Philharmonic Society -
- Liverpool schools' music circle -
- Liverpool string orchestra -
- Llandudno music club -
- Long eaton and district music club -
- Loughborough music club -
- Ludlow summer festival -
- Mary Wakefield westmorland festival -
- Merseyside chamber orchestra -
- Merseyside industrial concerts -
- North Leeds music society -
- Ratcliffe college music society -
- Rodewald concert society -
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra -
- Rushworth Saturday afternoon concerts -
- Southern orchestral concert society -
- Summer festival of music, Lincoln -
- Surrey philharmonic orchestra -
- Surrey philharmonic society -
- Warwickshire orchestra society -
- Warwickshire symphony orchestra 1940 -
- Yorkshire symphony orchestra 1947 - 1955
- Adam Smith hall, Kirkcaldy
- Arts centre, Inverness
- Assembly Rooms, Lincoln
- Bluecoat Chambers, Liverpool: Concert Hall
- Central hall, Liverpool
- Central hall, Longton
- Church hall, Kington
- Cochran memorial hall, Kirkcudbright
- Corn Exchange, King's Lynn
- Corn Exchange, Lewes
- Crane theatre, Liverpool (Was Crane Hall until 1938; Became Neptune Theatre)
- Crescent cinema, Leatherhead
- De Montford Hall, Leicester
- Edward Wood Hall, Leicester
- Foresters' Hall, Lewes
- Guildhall, King's Lynn
- Ipswich Girls' central school
- King's Hall, Ilkley
- Lancing College
- Leatherhead County secondary school
- Leeds Empire
- Leeds Girls' high school
- Leeds grand theatre and opera house (became Grand Theatre, Leeds)
- Leeds institute gallery
- Leigh Girls' Grammar School
- Lesser tait hall, Kelso
- Levens hall, Kendal
- Lichfield Cathedral
- Little gaddesden house
- Long Eaton Grammar school
- Loughborough Girls' High School
- Mayflower barn, Jordans
- Museum and Art Gallery, Leicester
- New co-operative hall, Lincoln
- Odeon cinema, Lancaster
- Papdale school, Kirkwall
- Parish Church, Leeds
- Peele school, Long sutton
- Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool
- Picton hall, Liverpool
- Priory Church, Leominster
- Public Hall, Ipswich
- Ratcliffe college, Leicester
- Rawnsley hall, Keswick
- Royal grammar school, Lancaster: Assembly hall
- Royal spa centre, Leamington spa
- Rushworth Hall, Liverpool
- Savoy Cinema, Luton
- St. George's Hall, Liverpool
- St. Margaret's Church, King's Lynn
- St. Mary's church, Littlehampton
- St. Swithins' church, Lincoln
- Temple newsham house, Leeds
- Thorndike Theatre, Leatherhead
- Town Hall, Kendal
- Town hall, Launceston
- Town Hall, Leamington Spa
- Town Hall, Leeds
- Town Hall, Lewes
- Town Hall, Llandudno
- Trinity hall, King's Lynn
- University of Leeds: Great Hall
- University of Leeds: Riley Smith hall
- Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool