East Budleigh: All saints’ church (Thursday 22/7, year unknown).
East Retford: Town hall (Thursday 16/5, year unknown: Midland sinfonia orchestra).
Eastbourne: Congress theatre (25/3/67: Pro arte society; Pro arte orchestra); Eastbourne college (18/10/64: Eastbourne college subscription concerts society), Winter garden, Devonshire park (24/2/33, 1/3/35, 24/1/36, Friday 22/10 year unknown (1 programme; 1 souvenir programme): municipal orchestra).
Eastcotte: unknown venue, Eastcotte music club (20/12/46).
Edinburgh: Fettes college (8/10/33); Freemasons’ hall (4/2/36: Edinburgh music club; 20/5/47), Freemasons’ hall, part of Edinburgh international festival of music and drama (2/9/47: Jacques orchestra; 27/8/48: Boyd Neel orchestra; 11/9/48; 1/9/49: Jacques orchestra; 23/8/51: Boyd Neel orchestra; 24/8/53; 24/8/54: Jacques orchestra; 1/9/56); Maitland’s (unknown date); Reid school of music (3/5/58: Edinburgh Bach society; Edinburgh Bach choir; 1960-1961 season brochure); Usher hall (11/2/37, 27/1/38: Reid orchestral concerts; Reid symphony orchestra; 3/11/44: Reid orchestra; 14/3/47: Edinburgh concert society; Scottish orchestra; 24/8/47-13/9/47: Edinburgh international festival of music and drama; 29/12/50: Scottish national orchestra; 20/8/51: Edinburgh international festival of music and drama; London philharmonic orchestra; 8/5/53: Edinburgh Bach society; Edinburgh Bach society’s choir; St. Cecilia singers; [members of the] Waddell junior orchestra; 4/9/56: Edinburgh international festival); multiple venues, Edinburgh Bach society (1957-1958; 1958-1959; 1966-1967).
Elgin: Gordonstoun (13/5/82: Gordonstoun concerts society); High church hall (21/2/51 (2 copies), 26/1/53 (2 copies): Moray chamber music society); unknown venue, Moray arts club (6/11/58).
Elland: unknown venue (1/12/50: Elland and district music society).
Ellesmere: Ellesmere college (5/3/66: Ellesmere college subscription concerts; 5/2/77).
Ely: Cathedral (7/9/47).
Enniskillen: Town hall (5/1/68: Ulster orchestra).
Epsom: Ebbisham hall (Wednesday 16/11, year unknown: Riddick string orchestra); Epsom college (8/2/55 or 9/2/55, 29/7/61; Epsom college music society).
Ermington: Parish church of st. peter and st. Paul (8/9/79).
Essendon: Holwell court (6/1/30: Haileybury chamber music society).
Eton: Eton college (Saturday 4/3, year unknown).
Evesham: Prince Henry’s grammar school (4/10/68: Evesham and district music club); unknown venue, Evesham and district music club (31/3/52).
Exeter: Civic hall (1/2/46: Western philharmonic orchestra; Wednesday 28/11, year unknown: Devon string players); Exeter cathedral (2/1/65: Exeter musical society; 9/10/80 (3 programmes; 1 flyer): Exeter music group); University of Exeter, great hall (26/2/67: Philomusica of London); unknown venue, Exeter philharmonic subscription concerts (18/11/39).
Exmouth: unknown venue, Exmouth and district society of art (unknown date).
Eynsham: Eynsham parish church (22/7/56); Stroud court (8/11/50; 7/3/52; 17/2/53; 2/12/54).
Fakenham: multiple venues, Fakenham festival of music and the arts (28/4/71-15/5/71; Goossens concert, 10/5/71 in Fakenham parish church).
Falmouth: Falmouth county high school (15/10/53); Princess pavilion (Wednesday 15/1, year unknown).
Farnham: Farnham girls’ grammar school (14/1/50: Farnham and Bourne music club); Weydon county secondary school (Wednesday 5/7, year unknown: Southern orchestral concert society; southern string orchestra).
Felixstowe: Pier pavilion (24/2/48: Felixstowe music and arts society); Spa pavilion (26/2/57, 11/10/60: Felixstowe celebrity concert society).
Felsted: unknown venue, Felsted concert club (10/2/51).
Firle place: Firle place (22/7/66).
Fittleworth: St. Mary’s church (Saturday 27/5, year unknown: Southern orchestral concert society; Southern string orchestra).
Fleetwood: Rossall school (16/11/63, 3/10/70 (2 copies of programme; 1 copy of typed music list): Rossall school music society).
Flint: unknown venue, Flint music club (unknown date).
Folkestone: Leas cliff hall (Friday 6/3, year unknown: Folkestone municipal orchestra); town hall (28/11/46: Folkestone music society).
Folkington: Folkington manor (16/7/72).
Forest row: Michael hall (11/7/53: Forest row festival).
Forres: Altyre house (8/11/58 (2 copies)).
Fort William: Town hall (18/10/60).
Frinton: unknown venue, Frinton arts and music society (23/10/48).
Frodsham: Frodsham secondary school (9/12/50: Frodsham music and arts club).
Frome: unknown venue, Frome music club (9/4/45).
Fulwood: Clayton hall, Harris orphanage (11/10/48: Fulwood arts club).
Gainsborough: High school (20/3/50: Gainsborough music club); multiple venues, West Lindsey music and drama festival (26/4/51-28/4/51).
Gerrards cross: Playhouse (12/11/44: South bucks orchestra).
Giggleswick: Giggleswick school (24/1/38).
Gillingham: Gillingham school (date unknown, letter about concert for 4/10/73: Gillingham school and district concerts society).
Glamis castle: Glamis castle (date unknown: cloister singers).
Glasgow: Athenaeum theatre (12/3/46, 4/2/47: Glasgow chamber music society); City hall (1970-1971 (season brochure), 11/4/71 (programme): Scottish baroque ensemble); Empress theatre (12/2/61); Green’s playhouse (16/3/47: Choral and orchestral union of Glasgow; Scottish orchestra); St. Andrew’s hall (15/3/47: Choral and orchestral union of Glasgow; Scottish orchestra; 30/12/50: Glasgow Saturday concerts; Scottish national orchestra); St. Andrew’s (Berkeley) hall (19/10/61: Scottish national orchestra club).
Glenalmond: unknown venue, Glenalmond concert society (21/10/52, 13/10/56, 15/5/62).
Glossop: Victoria hall (12/10/48: music club).
Gloucester: Guildhall (22/9/43; 22/9/43; 14/11/45; Thursday 4/3, year unknown); Shire hall (11/9/31; Three choirs festival).
Glyndebourne: Glyndebourne festival opera house (16/5/56; 1957 season, Glyndebourne festival opera); unknown venue, Lewes music club (23/11/35).
Godalming: Regal cinema (25/6/39 (2 copies)).
Gosport: HMS Dolphin (Thursday 25/1, year unknown); unknown venue, Gosport music club (18/2/68; unknown date).
Grantham: unknown venue (26/9/74: Grantham music club).
Great Wissendan: unknown venue (3/12/44).
Great Packington: Great Packington church (13/10/68).
Gresham: Gresham school (4/2/62: Gresham’s school concert society).
Grimsby: Central hall (11/1/47: Boyd Neel string orchestra).
Guernsey: Central hall (7/4/37: Guernsey orchestra).
Guildford: Civic hall (2/12/67, 21/3/70, 2/12/78: Claud Powell concerts society; Guildford symphony orchestra); County school of music (17/3/38: Guildford orchestral subscription concerts; Guildford symphony orchestra); County technical college (28/11/53: Guildford subscription concerts society; Guildford symphony orchestra; Claud Powell choir; 11/6/55, 2/4/60 (1 programme; 1 flyer): Guildford subscription concerts society; Guildford symphony orchestra); St. Nicolas hall (Tuesday 13/5, year unknown: Guildford choral society).
Haddo house: Haddo house (2/11/55; 19/5/57 (and with Tunriff choral society), 10/5/70, 7/5/72, 10/5/75, 9/10/76: Haddo house choral society; 13/5/78, 12/5/78, 8/5/83: Haddo house choral and operatic society).
Hadleigh: Hadleigh church (Sunday 20/7, year unknown: Thames chamber orchestra).
Hamble: Hamble county secondary school (26/3/69: Southern orchestral concert society; Kathleen Merritt orchestra).
Hanley: Entruscan philharmonic hall (21/10/47); Victoria hall (28/12/41: Outcasts’ musical society; outcasts choral society; 20/9/45: Ceramic city choir; 1947-1948: Etruscan choral society; 2/3/50: Ceramic city choir).
Harpenden: venue unknown, Harpenden music club (3/10/45, 29/12/48 (2 copies): Boyd Neel string orchestra).
Harrogate: Royal baths lounge (11/2/45); Royal hall (5/7/65-10/7/65: Harrogate festival of music); Lounge hall (25/3/66: Harrogate string orchestra); Queen Ethelburgas’ (13/5/57).
Harting: Harting church (Sunday 2/8, year unknown: Southern orchestral concert society; Southern string orchestra).
Haslemere: Haslemere hall (7/12/35: Haslemere chamber music concerts).
Haslingden: Modern school (27/2/48: Haslingden arts club).
Hastings: White rock pavilion (31/3/46: Jacques string orchestra; 15/6/49-19/6/49: Hastings Mozart-Beethoven festival).
Hatfield: Old palace (2/5/46).
Hawick: St. George’s west hall (3/3/62: Hawick music club).
Haywards heath: venue unknown, Haywards heath music club (31/10/53; 19/10/57; 24/2/62).
Hebden: Picture house (27/10/46).
Helensburgh: St. Columba’s school (17/5/55); Victoria halls (22/1/53 (2 copies): Helensburgh ministers’ art club).
Hemel Hempstead: Pavilion (25/9/67: Hemel Hempstead music club.
Henley: Regal cinema (23/11/75: Henley symphony orchestra); Town hall (13/1/46, 24/4/49 (2 copies): Henley concert society).
Hereford: Shirehall (7/12/46: Boyd Neel string orchestra; 6/12/55: Hereford music club); unknown venue (23/3/72).
Hexham: Hexham abbey (30/6/57-9/7/57: Goossens concert 1/7/57); Queen Elizabeth grammar school (22/10/60: Hexham abbey festival of music; Tyneside chamber orchestra).
Hindley: Unknown venue, Hindley music and arts society (13/10/48).
Hitchin: Regal cinema (27/2/44); St. mary’s church (27/9/58); Unknown venue, Hitchin music club (5/5/50).
Holmbury: unknown venue, Holmbury st. Mary music club (21/2/42).
Holywell: multiple venues, Holywell music festival (4/6/71-20/6/71: Goossens concert, 9/6/71, Plas pen ucha, Caerwys).
Horam: unknown venue, Horam and Vines cross music society (1/7/67).
Horsham: Capitol theatre (12/5/67: Horsham music circle); Collyer’s school, Duckering hall (27/1/66: Horsham music circle); Unknown venue, Horsham music circle (10/11/61, 12/1/68).
Hove: Hove parish church (Wednesday 25/11, year unknown); unknown venue, Sussex women musicians club (19/5/32).
Huddersfield: St. patrick’s hall (7/10/44: Huddersfield music club); Town hall (11/2/48: Halle orchestra; 13/11/78).
Hugglescote: Baptish church (23/10/46: Sheringham singers).
Hull: Middleton hall, Hull university (8/4/71); New theatre (4/11/45: Needler’s musical society); University college, assembly hall (Saturday 4/3, year unknown: Hull chamber music club).
Hurstpierpoint: Hurstpierpoint college (22/3/69); Upper school (Saturday 21/11, year unknown).
- Boyd Neel Orchestra -
- Boyd Neel string orchestra -
- Ceramic city choir 1942 -
- Choral and Orchestral Union of Glasgow -
- Claud Powell choir -
- Claud Powell concerts society 1919 -
- Cloister singers, St. Andrews -
- Devon string players -
- Eastbourne college subscription concerts society -
- Eastcotte music club -
- Edinburgh Bach Choir -
- Edinburgh Bach Society -
- Edinburgh Concert Society -
- Edinburgh International Festival -
- Edinburgh music club -
- Elland and district music society -
- Ellesmere college subscription concerts -
- Epsom college music society -
- Etruscan choral society -
- Evesham and district music club -
- Exeter music group -
- Exeter musical society -
- Exeter philharmonic subscription concerts -
- Exmouth and district society of art -
- Fakenham festival of music and the arts -
- Farnham and Bourne music club -
- Felixstowe celebrity concert society -
- Felixstowe music and arts society -
- Felsted concert club -
- Flint music club -
- Folkestone municipal orchestra -
- Folkestone music soicety -
- Forest row festival -
- Frinton arts and music society -
- Frodsham music and arts club -
- Frome music club -
- Fulwood arts club -
- Gainsborough Music Club -
- Gillingham school and district concerts society -
- Glasgow chamber music society -
- Glasgow Saturday concerts -
- Glenalmond concert society -
- Glyndebourne Festival Opera -
- Goossens, Léon -
- Gordonstoun concerts society -
- Gosport music club -
- Grantham music club -
- Gresham school's music society -
- Guernsey orchestra -
- Guildford orchestral subscription concerts -
- Guildford subscription concerts society -
- Guildford Symphony Orchestra 1919 -
- Haddo house choral and operatic society -
- Haddo house choral society -
- Haileybury chamber music society -
- Hallé Orchestra -
- Harpenden music club -
- Harrogate festival of music -
- Harrogate string orchestra 1932 -
- Haslemere chamber music concerts -
- Haslingden arts club -
- Hastings Mozart-Beethoven festival -
- Hawick music club -
- Haywards heath music club -
- Helensburgh ministers' arts club -
- Hemel hempstead music club -
- Henley concert society -
- Henley symphony orchestra -
- Hereford music club -
- Hexham abbey festival of music -
- Hindley music and arts society -
- Hitchin music club -
- Holmbury st. mary music club -
- Holywell music festival -
- Horam and vines cross music society -
- Horsham music circle 1942 -
- Huddersfield music club -
- Hull chamber music club -
- Jacques Orchestra -
- Jacques string orchestra -
- Kathleen Merritt Orchestra -
- Lewes music club -
- London Philharmonic Orchestra -
- Midland sinfonia orchestra -
- Moray arts club -
- Moray chamber music society -
- Municipal orchestra (Eastbourne) -
- Music club, Glossop -
- Needler's musical society -
- Outcasts' choral society -
- Outcasts' musical society -
- Philomusica of London -
- Pro arte orchestra -
- Pro arte society -
- Reid orchestral concerts -
- Reid Orchestra -
- Reid Symphony Orchestra -
- Riddick string orchestra -
- Rossall school music society -
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra -
- Scottish baroque ensemble 1969 -
- Scottish national orchestra club -
- Scottish National Orchestra -
- Scottish orchestra -
- Sheringham singers -
- South bucks orchestra -
- Southern orchestral concert society -
- Southern string orchestra -
- St. cecilia singers -
- Sussex women musician's club -
- Thames chamber orchestra 1962 -
- Three Choirs Festival -
- Tunriff choral society -
- Tyneside chamber orchestra -
- Ulster orchestra 1966 -
- Waddell Junior Orchestra -
- West Lindsey music and drama festival, Gainsborough -
- Western philharmonic orchestra -
- All saints' church, East Budleigh
- Athenauem Theatre, Glasgow
- Baptist church, Hugglescote
- Central Hall, Grimsby
- Central hall, Guernsey
- City Hall, Glasgow
- Civic Hall, Exeter
- Civic Hall, Guildford
- Collyer's school, Horsham: Duckering hall
- Congress Theatre, Eastbourne
- Devonshire park, Eastbourne: Winter garden
- Eastbourne college
- Ebbisham Hall, Epsom
- Ellesmere College
- Ely Cathedral
- Entruscan philharmonic hall, Hanley
- Epsom college
- Eton college
- Exeter Cathedral
- Falmouth county high school
- Farnham girls' grammar school
- Fettes college
- Firle place
- Folkington manor
- Freemasons' hall, Edinburgh
- Frodsham secondary school
- Gainsborough High school
- Giggleswick school
- Gillingham school
- Glyndebourne Opera House
- Gordonstoun school
- University of Exeter: Great Hall
- Great Packington church
- Green's playhouse, Glasgow
- Gresham school
- Guildford County School of Music
- Guildford County Technical College
- Guildhall, Gloucester
- Haddo House
- Hadleigh church
- Hamble county secondary school
- Harris orphanage, Fulwood: Clayton hall
- Harting church
- Haslemere Hall
- Hexham abbey
- High Church hall, Elgin
- HMS Dolphin
- Holwell court, Essendon
- Hurstpierpoint college
- Leas Cliff Hall, Folkestone
- Lounge hall, Harrogate
- Maitland's, Edinburgh
- Modern school, Haslingden
- New theatre, Hull
- Old Palace, Hatfield
- Parish Church, Eynsham
- Parish Church, Hove
- Pavilion, Hemel Hempstead
- Picture house, Hebden
- Pier pavilion, Felixstowe
- Plas pen ucha, Caerwys
- Playhouse, Gerrards cross
- Prince Henry's grammar school, Evesham
- Queen elizabeth grammar school, Hexham
- Regal cinema, Godalming
- Regal cinema, Henley
- Regal cinema, Hitchin
- Reid School of Music, Edinburgh
- Rossall school, Fleetwood
- Royal baths lounge, Harrogate
- Royal Hall, Harrogate
- Shire Hall, Gloucester
- Shirehall, Hereford
- Spa pavilion, Felixstowe
- St. Andrew's Hall, Glasgow
- St. Columba's school, Helensburgh
- St. George's west hall, Hawick
- St. Mary's church, Fittleworth
- St. Nicolas hall, Guildford
- St. Peter and St. Paul parish church, Ermington
- Town hall, East Retford
- Town hall, Enniskillen
- Town hall, Folkestone
- Town hall, Fort William
- Town Hall, Henley
- Town Hall, Huddersfield
- University college, Hull: Assembly hall
- University of Hull: Middleton Hall,
- Upper school, Hurstpierpoint
- Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Victoria hall, Glossop
- Victoria Hall, Hanley
- Weydon county secondary school
- White Rock Pavilion, Hastings