Calne: St. Mary’s School (22/2/56).
Camberley: County grammar school (17/10/51: Camberley and district music society).
Cambridge: Clare college (1/8/54: Jacques orchestra); Gonville and Caius college (20/10/74: The quite famous society); Guildhall (29/7/43, 17/8/44: Wartime concerts; Boyd Neel orchestra; 14/4/45: BBC symphony orchestra; 26/7/45: Thursday wartime concerts; New London orchestra; 22/1/48: Thursday concerts; New London orchestra; 11/2/54, 10/11/55, 8/2/62: Thursday concert; Harvey Phillips orchestra; 25/11/73: Anglia concerts); King’s college chapel (6/11/65; 29/6/66); Music school (28/10/43: wartime concerts; 1/12/49, 30/4/53, 27/1/55 (2 copies), 2/5/57, 26/2/59, 9/5/63, 28/4/66, 1/5/69, Thursday 2/5, unknown year: Thursday concerts); Selwyn college (Sunday 5/11, year unknown (2 copies): Selwyn college music society); 2 programmes of multiple venues, Cambridge morning concerts (year unknown); unknown venue, Thursday concerts (31/5/45; 6/6/46; 3/6/48; 4/5/61; 27/4/67; 29/4 unknown year); unknown venue, Informal music club (5/5/37).
Campbeltown: Town hall (20/10/60 (2 copies); 6/3/62: Kintyre music club).
Canterbury: Keynes college (11/5/69); Marlowe theatre (21/5/61: Canterbury orchestral society); St. Edmund’s school (25/11/53).
Cardiff: City of Cardiff high school for girls (28/10/30 (2 copies)); Girls high school (27/9/56: Cardiff music club); Llandaff cathedral (30/10/61 (1 programme; 1 flyer): Cardiff Bach players); Reardon Smith lecture theatre (9/1/62; Thursday 18/10, unknown year: Herbert Ware string orchestra); unknown venue, Cardiff medical students' club (31/10/61).
Carlisle: Carlisle and county high school (18/3/50: Carlisle music club).
Carmarthen: St. Peter’s church (27/11/44: Boyd Neel orchestra).
Casterton: unknown venue (4/11/58).
Charlbury: unknown venue (15/3/62).
Charleston: unknown venue (5/7/70: Charleston manor festival).
Chelmsford: Hoffmann social hall (28/2/59: Essex symphony orchestra); King Edward VI grammar school (24/2/79: Essex symphony orchestra); Mid-Essex technical college and school of art (unknown date).
Cheltenham: various venues, Cheltenham festival (3/7/50-15/7/50; 2/7/51-14/7/51); Cheltenham college (4/11/30); Cheltenham ladies’ college (4/12/30; 16/3/39); Cowley manor, nr. Cheltenham (29/6/57); Shaftesbury hall (10/2/66 (2 copies); Cheltenham string players); Town hall (1934-1935 season: Cheltenham subscription concerts; 18/1/40: Max Mossel concerts; Tuesday 29/10, year unknown (1 programme; 1 flyer): Riddick string orchestra; Thursday 13/2, year unknown (1 programme); Thursday 26/4, year unknown: Jacques string orchestra; Thursday 17/2, year unknown).
Cheney court (Box, near Bath): Cheney court (6/7/62).
Chester: Town hall (19/3/47: Chester and district music society; 9/12/67: Chester orchestral society; Hawarden singers; 27/4/68: Chester ladies’ choir).
Chevithorne Barton: unknown venue, music society (7/5/63).
Chichester: Assembly room (28/4/32: Chichester orchestral society); Chichester cathedral (3/6/34 (3 copies): Petersfield, Sheet and Steep choral societies; Tuesday 28/6, year unknown); Chichester festival theatre (25/8/63 (1 programme; 1 letter; 1 copy of cuttings for similar concert in different venue): Pro arte society; pro arte orchestra; 18/12/65); County hall (6/12/47: Chichester and district chamber music club); High school for boys (3/11/56 (1 programme; 1 flyer): Southern orchestral concert society; southern string orchestra).
Chippenham: Grammar school (14/2/50: Chippenham and district society of arts); Neeld hall (21/3/56; Westinghouse orchestral society).
Chipping Norton: Town hall (24/5/62).
Cirencester: Cirencester parish church (12/10/46: Jacques string orchestra).
Clacton: Town hall (26/3/47: Clacton and district musical society).
Cliveden: Cliveden (1/7/65).
Colchester: Albert Hall (11/3/31: Colchester music club); Moot Hall (1 programme for 1950-1951 season; 14/12/50: Colchester music club); University of Essex (7/12/76: University of Essex music society).
Colne: Colne municipal hall (16/4/78: Colne orchestral society).
Colwyn bay: Penrhos college (2/11/46; 5/2/55); unknown venue (handwritten music list, dated 7/1/64).
Congleton: Danesford school (10/3/53: Congleton society for music and art); unknown location, Congleton society for music and art (3/12/47).
Cooksbridge: Malthouse (2/10/45); unknown venue (30/10/45).
Corby: Festival hall, Civic centre (15/11/67: Midland sinfonia orchestra).
Corwen: Pavilion (24/5/58: Dee & Clwyd festival of music).
Cove: Burgh hall (26/2/62: Cove and Kilcreggan literary society).
Coventry: St. Mary’s hall (22/11/61: Midlands string orchestra); technical college (Wednesday 7/4, unknown year (1 flyer; 1 festival programme); multiple venues, weekend festival (24/3/72-26/3/72).
Cranbrook: unknown venue, Cranbrook school and district music club (20/10/48; 31/10/51).
Cranwell: YMCA annexe (13/11/45: Cranwell musical society).
Crawley: County secondary school (6/10/55).
Crookhorn: County secondary school (13/11/68: Southern orchestral concert society).
Crosby: Merchant Taylors’ school (3/2/69: Gillian singers; 5/10/74: Capriol singers; Crosby arts association); brochure about Crosby recorded music society.
Crowborough: Church hall, South Street (30/4/46: Crowborough music club); Grove park school (18/9/52: Crowborough music club).
Cupar: Bell Baxter high school (11/10/61).
Dankworth: venue unknown (1/6/73 (typed letter to concert organisers from Goossens)).
Darlington: Baths hall (7/11/45; 21/2/61: Northern sinfonia orchestra); multiple venues, Darlington music society (1968-1969 season).
Dartford: County grammar school for girls (Wednesday 6/11, year unknown: Dartford and district music club); North-west Kent college of technology (25/11/67: Dartford symphony orchestra).
Dartington: Dartington hall (19/8/49; 10/2/50; 26/7/86-22/8/86: Dartington international summer school.
Dartmouth: Britannia royal naval college (8/6/61; 1961-1962 season: Britannia music society; Sunday 20/11, year unknown: choral society; Stover school choir; Oxton house school choir; Torbay girls’ choir); unknown location, Dartmouth music club (unknown date); unknown venue (3/6/52; handwritten letter and music list).
Deal: Astor theatre (1/7/72: borough of Deal music festival); Concert hall, the depot, Royal marines (22/3/68 (2 copies): borough of Deal music festival); multiple locations, borough of Deal music festival (1972).
Denbigh: Howell’s school (11/5/55: BBC Welsh orchestra; 27/1/69: Denbigh and district music club).
Derby: Central hall (4/11/32; 7/10/38; 14/10/44 (2 copies): Derby philharmonic orchestra; 28/2/46; 22/10/47: Derby string orchestra; 28/10/51: Derby light orchestra; 25/10/53: Derby light orchestra); Derby cathedral (Friday 13/3, year unknown: English sinfonia); unknown location (9/11/51; unknown date (typed music list)).
Dollar: Academy hall (21/10/52: Dollar academy music club).
Doncaster: Grammar school (7/3/47; 12/11/47: Doncaster chamber music society); Ritz (10/2/46).
Dorchester: Dorchester abbey (28/5/61).
Dorking: County secondary school (22/6/46: Surrey philharmonic orchestral society; Surrey philharmonic orchestra); Dorking halls (7/12/34: Dorking music club; 10/12/67: Ashtead choral society; 14/10/72: Leith Hill musical festival); Drill hall (2/5/30: Leith hill musical festival); Playhouse (21/11/29: Dorking music club).
Dudley: Dudley college of technology (5/10/79 (2 copies): Dudley subscription concerts).
Dumfries: Theatre royal (21/10/60: Dumfries chamber music society).
Dundee: College of education hall (12/10/61: Dundee chamber music club); Dundee university hall (21/1/69, 30/11/73: Dundee university musical society); Training college hall (24/10/34, 13/3/46: Dundee chamber music club).
Dunfermline: Carnegie hall (24/1/46); Pilmuir hall (1934-1935).
Dunkeld: various venues, Dunkeld and Birnam arts festival (25/6/81-28/6/81: Dunkeld and Birnam arts festival society).
Dunoon: Kirn church centre (23/4/78: Cowal music club); Queen’s hall (27/2/62: Cowal music club).
Durham: Durham castle (4/5/75: St. John’s college concerts society); Durham cathedral (17/5/44: Kathleen Riddick string orchestra); Van Mildert college (21/6/67); unknown venue, Durham music society (31/1/45).
Organised alphabetically by place name, then alphabetically by venue name, then chronologically.
- Anglia concerts -
- Ashtead choral society -
- BBC Symphony Orchestra -
- BBC Welsh Orchestra -
- Borough of Deal music festival -
- Boyd Neel Orchestra -
- Britannia music society -
- Camberley and district music society -
- Cambridge morning concerts -
- Canterbury orchestral society -
- Capriol singers -
- Cardiff Bach players -
- Cardiff medical students' club -
- Cardiff music club -
- Carlisle music club -
- Charleston manor festival -
- Chelsea Town Hall -
- Cheltenham International Festival of Music -
- Cheltenham string players -
- Cheltenham subscription concerts -
- Chester and district music society -
- Chester ladies' choir 1955 -
- Chester orchestral society -
- Chevithorne Barton music society -
- Chichester and district chamber music club -
- Chichester orchestral society -
- Chippenham and district society of arts -
- Clacton and district musical society -
- Colchester music club -
- Colne orchestral society -
- Congleton society for music and art -
- Cove and Kilcreggan literary society -
- Cowal music club -
- Cranbrook school and district music club -
- Cranwell musical society -
- Crosby arts association -
- Crosby recorded music society -
- Crowborough music club -
- Darlington music society -
- Dartford and district music club -
- Dartford symphony orchestra -
- Dartington international summer school -
- Dartmouth music club -
- Dee and Clwyd festival of music -
- Denbigh and district music club -
- Derby light orchestra -
- Derby philharmonic orchestra -
- Derby string orchestra -
- Dollar academy music club -
- Doncaster chamber music society -
- Dorking music club -
- Dudley subscription concerts -
- Dumfries chamber music society -
- Dundee chamber music club -
- Dunkeld and Birnam arts festival society -
- Durham music society -
- English sinfonia -
- Essex symphony orchestra 1949 -
- Gillian singers -
- Goossens, Léon -
- Harvey Phillips orchestra -
- Hawarden singers 1954 -
- Herbert Ware string orchestra -
- Informal music club 1920 -
- Jacques Orchestra -
- Jacques string orchestra -
- Kathleen Riddick string orchestra -
- King's College, Durham University: Choral Society -
- Kintyre music club -
- Leith Hill Musical Festival -
- Max Mossel concerts -
- Midland sinfonia orchestra -
- Midlands string orchestra -
- New London orchestra (1941-) -
- Northern sinfonia orchestra 1958 -
- Oxton house choir -
- Pro arte orchestra -
- Pro arte society -
- Quite famous society -
- Riddick string orchestra -
- Selwyn college music society -
- Southern orchestral concert society -
- Southern string orchestra -
- St. John's college concerts society, Durham -
- Stover school choir -
- Surrey philharmonic orchestra -
- Thursday concerts, Cambridge -
- Torbay girls' choir -
- University of Dundee musical society -
- University of Essex music society -
- Wartime concerts, Cambridge -
- Westinghouse orchestral society -
- Academy hall, Dollar
- Albert Hall, Colchester
- Assembly room, Chichester
- Astor theatre, Deal
- Baths hall, Darlingotn
- Bell Baxter high school
- Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth
- Burgh hall, Cove
- Camberley County grammar school
- Cardiff Girls high school
- Carlisle and County High school
- Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline
- Central Hall, Derby
- Cheltenham College
- Cheltenham Ladies' College
- Cheney Court, Box
- Chichester Cathedral
- Chichester festival theatre
- Chichester High school for boys
- Chippenham Grammar school
- Church hall, Crowborough
- City of Cardiff High School for Girls
- Civic centre, Corby: Festival hall
- Clare College, University of Cambridge
- College of education, Dundee
- County Hall, Chichester
- Cowley manor, near Cheltenham
- Crawley County secondary school
- Crookhorn County secondary school
- Danesford school, Congleton
- Dartford County grammar school for girls
- Dartington hall
- Derby Cathedral
- Doncaster Grammar School
- Dorchester Abbey
- Dorking County secondary school
- Dorking Halls
- Drill Hall, Dorking
- Dudley college of technology
- Durham Castle
- Durham Cathedral
- Gonville and Caius college, University of Cambridge
- Grove park school, Crowborough
- Guildhall, Cambridge
- Hoffmann social hall, Chelmsford
- Howell's school, Denbigh
- Keynes college, Canterbury
- King Edward VI grammar school, Chelmsford
- King's College, University of Cambridge
- Kirn church centre, Dunoon
- Llandaff Cathedral, Cardiff
- Malthouse, Cooksbridge
- Marlowe theatre, Canterbury
- Merchant Taylors' school, Crosby
- Mid-Essex technical college and school of art (became Chelmer Institute of higher education, 1976; became Anglia polytechnic university in 1992)
- Moot Hall, Colchester
- Municipal Hall, Colne
- Music School, University of Cambridge
- Neeld hall, Chippenham
- North-west Kent college of technology
- Parish Church, Cirencester
- Pavilion, Corwen
- Penrhos college
- Pilmuir hall, Dunfermline
- Playhouse, Dorking
- Queen's Hall, Dunoon
- Reardon Smith lecture theatre
- Ritz, Doncaster
- Royal marines depot, Deal: Concert hall
- Selwyn College, University of Cambridge
- St. Edmund's School, Canterbury
- St. Mary's Hall, Coventry
- St. Mary's School, Calne
- St. Peter's church, Carmathen
- Technical college, Coventy
- Theatre Royal, Dumfries
- Town hall, Campbeltown
- Town Hall, Cheltenham
- Town Hall, Chester
- Town Hall, Chipping Norton
- Town Hall, Clacton-on-Sea
- Training College Hall, Durham
- University of Dundee
- University of Essex [Chelmsford]
- Van Mildert college, University of Durham
- YMCA annexe, Cranwell