All material is held loosely within a single box but is divided into 4 folders (-1979, 1980-82, 1983 and Abin-Yarn 1971-81), with a small amount, largely undated, loose material.
The material in folders 1-3 relates to performances given at a range of Oxford venues, principally the Town Hall but also including the New and Apollo Theatres, various college venues, churches and schools. The majority of the programmes relate to Oxford-based performance groups (most notably Oxford Pro Musica) and to local series (including the Oxford Subscription Concerts).
Folder 4 includes material for performances given at venues in surrounding towns.
The majority of the material in Folder 1 is from the 1970s, but there are individual programmes dating back to 1903, including an Oxford University Musical Club Public Classical Concert (12th season), given by the Berlin Quartet at the Town Hall on 6 May 1903, a Jesus College Summer Concert of 26 May 1904, a Banbury and District Musical Society concert given by the Tudor Singers on 2 December 1930 and programmes for the 1943 season of the City of Oxford Holidays at Home Concerts.
Documentation ranges from handbills through to programme books, some with notes and detailed information about the performers.
In addition to individual concert programmes, the box includes prospectuses for the following organizations: National Federation of Music Societies, Berks, Bucks and Oxon Branch (1975-76); Dorchester Abbey Festival (1979); English Bach Festival (London/Oxford, 1975 and 1977 and Oxford only 1978 and 1979 (x3)); Oxford Pro Musica (January-June 1971, 1976-77 season (x2), 1977-78 season, 1978-79 season (x2), 1979-80 season (x2), 1981-82 and 1982-83); Oxford Subscription Concerts (1976-77, 1977-78, 1978-79 (x2), 1979-80, 1981-82 and 1982-83 seasons); Oxford Music Festival: 1974, 1975, 1978 (x2), 1979, 1981 (x2), 1982); and Oxford University Musical Club and Union (Hilary Term 1977).
The venues covered by this material include:
Folders 1-3 (Oxford venues)
Colleges (principally Chapels): All Souls, Christ Church, Exeter, Jesus, Keble, Magdalen, Merton, New, Queen's, Westminster.
City venues: Apollo Theatre; Holywell Music Room; Maison Franciase, Norham Road; New Theatre; Old Fire Station, George Street; Sheldonian Theatre, Town Hall;
Church venues: Church House, Banbury; Cowley Road Methodist Church; St. Andrew's Church, Old Headington; St. James' Church, Cowley; Temple Cowley United Reform Church; Trinity Church, Conduit Road (Abingdon); University Church of St. Mary-the-Virgin, Wesley Memorial Church
Matthew Arnold School; Middle School, Bicester; Oxford Polytechnic, Headington; St. Edward's School; West Oxfordshire Technical College, Holloway Road, Witney.
Folder 4 (Oxfordshire venues)
Abingdon School; M.G. Cars Sports Ground, Abingdon; Unicorn Theatre, Abingdon; Banbury Winter Gardnes; Bicester School; Burford Church; Burford, Penhurst School; Chipping Norton; Cumnor, St. Michael's Church; Dorchester; Hanwell, St. Peter's Church; Henley on Thames, St. Mary's Church, Thame, Lord William's School; Wantage Methodist Church; Wantage, St. Mary's School; Witney.
- Oxford University Musical Club -
- Oxford University Musical Club and Union -
- Oxford Subscription Concerts -
- Oxford Pro Musica -
- Oxford Musical Festival -
- National Federation of Music Societies -
- Jesus College, University of Oxford -
- English Bach Festival -
- Dorchester Abbey Festival -
- City of Oxford Holidays at Home -
- Banbury and District Musical Society -
- Abingdon School
- All Souls College, University of Oxford
- Apollo Theatre, Oxford (was New Theatre until late 1970s; became New Theatre, early 2000s)
- Banbury Winter Gardens
- Bicester School
- Burford Church
- Chipping Norton
- Christ Church College, Oxford: Cathedral
- Christ Church College, Oxford
- Church House, Banbury
- Cowley Road Methodist Church, Oxford
- Dorchester Abbey
- Exeter College, University of Oxford
- Holywell Music Room
- Jesus College, University of Oxford
- Keble College, University of Oxford
- Lord Williams's School
- M.G. Cars Sports Ground, Abingdon
- Magdalen College, University of Oxford
- Matthew Arnold School, Cumnor
- Merton College, University of Oxford
- New College, University of Oxford
- New Theatre, Oxford (Became Apollo, late 1970s; reverted to New Theatre, early 2000s)
- Old Fire Station, George Street
- Penhurst School, Burford
- Queen's College, University of Oxford
- Sheldonian Theatre
- St. Andrew's Church, Old Headington
- St. Edward's School, Oxford
- St. James's Church, Cowley
- St. Mary's Church, Henley-on-Thames
- St. Mary's School, Wantage
- St. Michael's Church, Cumnor
- St. Peter's Church, Hanwell
- Temple Cowley United Reform Church
- Town Hall, Oxford
- Trinity Church, Conduit Road
- Unicorn Theatre, Abingdon
- University Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Oxford
- University of Oxford: Maison FranÃ§aise, Norham Gardens